Ants are tiny pests that can enter through even small spaces. They stay in crevices, cracks and openings throughout properties. They also occupy places with moisture and constant food supply. They can ear and damage furniture, wooden articles, and other belongings including food items. You need to be able to get professional ant control Melbourne services from experts before the infestation goes out of hand. Read about the various ants invading Australian homes and how to prevent them from taking over your property:
What are the different types of ants in properties?
- Fire Ants
Fire ants leave a fiery bite and are bright red in colour. They are small in size but their bite hurts and leaves a greatly itchy sensation behind. If you have seen these ants in your property in a large number then it is better to contact pest control Corio for getting assistance for ant control and ant removal.
- Black Ants
These ants have a jet black or dark brown colour. They are very small in size and prefer feeding on sweet food products. It is futile to attempt to get rid of them as there are chances there are more of them in the house elsewhere. Contact an efficient ant removal Melbourne expert to help you deal with the ant infestation in a timely and efficient manner.
- Argentine Ants
Argentine ants are found in and underneath potted plants, backyards, and bricks in pathways. They come in houses in search of food and water. They are considered to be among nuisance pests also capable to spread diseases since they also move about in garbage, flesh, drainage etc.
- Carpenter Ants
These ants are bigger in size and are capable to cause a lot of damage to your home. They can be found in areas that have wooden flooring, furniture and idle logs of wood lying around in the property. These ant variety can wreak a lot of damage going up to millions of dollars in reparation and replacement. Opting for pest control Ceres can help contain any ant infestation in your property.
How to prevent ants from taking over your property?
- If there has been an ant infestation in your property before then maintaining cleanliness in the house is essential. Handling as well as preventing a possible ant infestation in your home can be done by blocking off any food supply to the ants.
- Store any processed and cooked food in airtight boxes.
- Clean all the dusty areas behind the electrical appliances, refrigerator, microwave oven, blender etc. Do not forget to clean these appliances after using as the remnant food crumbs and scraps can feed pests like ants and cockroaches.
- Make sure the pet bowls are cleaned and do not contain any leftovers as that could also serve as food for the ants. Store pet food in secured containers.
- Make sure your bins are tightly covered and there is no food lying around the cans. Doing so will cut off their food supply and they would not make a beeline towards your home with their colonies.
- Ant colonies and lines of ants roaming about your kitchen can be dealt with vinegar. You just need to clean the surface area with vinegar to clean out the pheromone trail created by them.
- Sealing and blocking up crevices and cracks existing in walls can also stop ants from coming into your property to begin with. Doing that will also keep them from making nests and colonies inside wall cavities.
- Insecticides also can be effectively used If all else fails, insecticidal baits can be used to control ant numbers. The ant baits can be brought from a hardware store near you. Baiting is a more effective option as it enables eliminating more number of ants and their colonies at a time. Baits work to poison a few ants who then go and can pass it on to their entire colony in no time.
- Do not forget to remove the food crumbs from the cooking range and the oil spillage from the kitchen counter occurring whilst making food. Speak to a professional pest control company for pest control Burnbank that will be useful in eliminating the ant infestation.
- Inspect and have your faulty taps, pipes and plumbing repaired from a plumber. Doing so will stop any ants from venturing inside. Also inspect, basins, bathtubs, and toilets for any seepage or outflow as that also provides moisture to ants that is necessary for their survival.
Reach out to the excellent pest controller on 0480018996 for doing away with the annoying ant infestation and colonies in your home. Book an appointment for your home today.