Adverse Effects of Silverfish on Human Life
Silverfish are deadly insects which resort to flying the moment they are disrupted by humans. They can cause a great deal of danger to you if you chase them as they swiftly find their rescue in splits and holes. When it comes to silverfish control in Melbourne, it is important to address the issue promptly to prevent further damage and infestation. Silverfish are known for their destructive feeding habits, particularly targeting paper, books, and clothing. To combat these pests, professional silverfish pest control services in Melbourne are available. By enlisting the expertise of trained professionals, you can effectively eliminate silverfish from your property.
When considering the cost of silverfish pest control services in Melbourne, it is important to weigh the value it brings in terms of protecting your belongings and preventing future infestations.
The cost may vary depending on factors such as the size of the infestation and the extent of the treatment required. However, investing in professional silverfish pest control is essential for long-term prevention and peace of mind. Professional services offer targeted treatments and comprehensive solutions to eradicate silverfish and minimize the risk of future problems.
If you're looking for reliable silverfish pest control service in Melbourne, consider reaching out to trusted providers such as Pest Control Doctor. Our experienced technicians have the knowledge and tools to effectively address silverfish infestations. With our expertise, you can rest assured that your property will be treated using safe and efficient methods. Don't let silverfish damage your valuable possessions.
Contact professional silverfish pest control services in Melbourne to ensure a silverfish-free environment and protect your belongings from further harm.
Their infestation is dangerous, affecting you in several ways.
- Ideally, these creatures take shelter during the day time and come out only in the dark making it difficult to detect them.
- Silverfish build nests where they find food.
- Later, a lot of things such as clothes, papers, food, books and wallpapers get damaged due to their presence.
- Their sustain on yarn, silk, starchy food, glue and book bindings and can ruin them.
- They make petite holes in the bitten materials causing them to turn yellow.
- They stay in the linen piles and plumbing and ruin it.
- Also, the remains of silverfish skin is allergic to human beings.
- The presence of silverfish causes asthma to the residents.
- They scale walls and ceiling and can thrive on them for up to ten years ultimately making your home their permanent residence.
- Lastly, they become prey to other insects such as spiders, cockroaches which eventually trigger harmful diseases in the future.
- Moreover, these creatures are capable of destroying cereals and can also sustain in the airtight packages.
How to detect Silver Fish Infestation?
Since silverfish venture out only in the dark, their identification becomes a tough task. Although with some you can easily find and have proper control over them.
Cast Skin and Tiny Faeces
Cast Skin and Tiny Faeces
The discarded skin and faeces of these creatures have a resemblance of the pepper. Hence, if you find such things in your house, your residence is likely hit by the silverfish infestation.Book Pest Control Today
Your wallpaper can have some holes on them. There is a high chance that these holes are caused by these pests.Book Pest Control Today
The fabrics, books, and wallpapers turn yellow when affected by silverfish.Book Pest Control Today
Silverfish love moisture and capture into sinks and bathtubs. Hence, watch out for such areas to detect any infestation.Book Pest Control Today
Check the Clothes
Check the Clothes
Clothing materials such as silk, linen and cotton are eaten by silverfish. Look for your closet and identify if there is an infestation.Book Pest Control Today
Check for Places that have Glue
Check for Places that have Glue
Glue and gum are excessively consumed by silverfish. So, watch out for your furniture and other gum possessing areas.Book Pest Control Today
They dwell in magazines, bookbinding, and cardboard boxes. So, look around for such objects to catch hold of them.Book Pest Control Today
Easy ways of Controlling Silverfish
- Have control on silverfish by removing them from your premises by complying to the below steps
- Ensure that the trash and the stack of paper are never unattended and kept in dark or wet places.
- Maintain cleanliness in your libraries and clean the bookshelves regularly so that you do not see any pest infestation.
- Silverfish dwell in cracks, so makes sure you completely get rid of them in your storage rooms or garages.
- Storage of food should be done in closed containers. Don't collect and keep the waste papers in storerooms or offices.
- Appoint experts from Pest Control Doctor for identifying and controlling these pests.
Our Services in Melbourne
Removal of Silverfish
With the following methods, you can control the silverfish infestation in your premises:
Prevent Humid Conditions
Humidity causes the silverfish to aggravate in large numbers. Preventing moisture in your place can be very beneficial to control the infestation on a large scale. Here are some of the factors that can help to prevent moisture in your area.
- Try to avoid the maximum amount of leakage in your area
- Ensure there is enough ventilation even in packed rooms.
- Make sure that the water is not collected in any of the areas
- Make use of a humidifier if at all it is possible
- Use vacuum pumps in the cracks and the crevices which shall eliminate insects from their place of their dwelling.
Ensure safe food storage
Starch is excessively consumed by silverfish on a regular basis. Therefore, it is essential to store food carefully in sealed containers for controlling silverfish infestation.
- Removal of Refuge sites - Permit windows, cabinets, mouldings with caulk to ensure these areas are less friendly for these pests.
- Ensure drying in the out - Ensure things that are stored in the closed rooms for long are exposed out in the sun for drying. This avoids the growth of mould that invites silverfish.
Diatomaceous earth and borate-based products are highly efficient in eliminating these pests.
Contact our customer care for availing express booking
We are available 24 X 7
Other Silverfish Control Methods
- Pro-Active Silverfish Control Spray: In this method, a solution is sprayed by keeping the children and pets away so they are not affected by it. The chemical should be dried completely. Make sure that the chemical is been applied against the wall and the areas beneath the washing machines and cookers every monthly. This shall remove all the pests
- Cyper WP: This powder which is wettable can be seen on the dark surfaces. It should be sprayed on the entry points and the baseboards.
- Dust: Silverfish are commonly found in the attic insulation, right behind the ovens and electronic outlets and light fixtures. Moreover, with the use of D-Fense dust and the Cimexa dust for an area which is about 1000sq, ft, controlling silverfish can be a lot easier.
- Baits: Baits are beneficial in reducing the number of silverfish. Some of such baits include Intice Perimeter 10 and Invict Xpress. Implement these methods to ensure that these creatures do not return to your places. Although, if you are unable to manage the infestation and need some professional help, do not hesitate to call Pest Control Doctor. Pest Control Doctor is one of the coveted companies that provide solutions for pest control. Being trusted and certified, we are experienced in controlling different types of pests. Give us a call to enquire in detail about our services.